December 2, 2008

A Journey of Terror



The pool of blood all around, the deafening cry's and pleas,
Through an aimless path i ran, where death might be waiting.
The slimy smelly blood and the stench of fear all around,
From head to toe soaked in my own sweat and unknown blood.

Where am I going through here, is it safe to do that yet,
There in the far I hear yet another shot, someone lost his soul.
He will comeback here with his guns and grenades,
I might be next, don’t wait keep running for the exit.

There he is asking me for help, soaked in blood and thirsty,
I look for a drop of water but there was nothing but blood.
The deafening blast sounded so near I shivered in fear,
But even then I was spared and someone died to my despair.

Picked up the cell to make a call, maybe my last,
Dialled home to let them know iam safe.
Even then I had bullets and blasts in the backdrop,
My safety didn’t sound very convincing neither to them nor me.

The cry on the other side neither helped me reach anywhere,
I was baffled by the enormity of my trouble, made my hope bleaker.
I still kept running like I had never done in my life aimless and hopeless,
I was hoping against hope that I would make it out alive.

But destiny was against me as usual, my hopeless stars betrayed,
There he was waiting in the corner pounded on me with all his bullets.
Death was iminent, this time my number came atlast too,
The phone kept ringing unknown to my cruel destiny.

Picked up the call with all my strength and blood soaked hands,
This time like the bullet and pain the blood was too mine.
Fumbled with some words to say goodbye to my dear ones,
But my slayer sprayed a bullet again and cut short my call with a cruel bang.

I could still hear all the cries, the whimpering wails on the other side,
I had lost my battle for survival, now it was sure my time had come.
My brothers I have lost my life for nothing, a fallen broken dream,
You have to wakeup and fight this evil till its end for me and our home country.


No comments:

Post a Comment