November 15, 2008

A World without Auto Spell Check


Off late i have been bothered by my deteriorating vocabulary skills and the vilain in this story is none other than Windows auto spell check. It is getting so bad that iam finding it difficult to comprehend basic words and its phonetics.
Another enemy to my word skills is google talk, chatting has become so regular and words have started loosing spellings in between to make them look hep and happening. If i were chatting the same sentence before this will be something like this "anthr enmy 2 my wrd skl is gtlk, chttng hs bcm so rglr and wrds hve strted lsing splngs in btwn to mke thm lk hep and hpning" see the difference in style and the complete absence of respect to spelling.
This is a disastor, ok now iam confused about the word disastor i think i will give my memory a test befor pressing the EVIL spell check button, is it disastor or disastour or as per my Gtalk skills shouldnt it be disastr.


This has even started creeping into my business letters, sometime my buy and by gets mixed up and the customer who was planning to place an order will consider it as a farewell remark see how bad it can get. We should write a joint petition to abolish spell check, then it might have repurcussions think about all the street smart business man surviving on spell checks on correspondence. We can even start anew industry of spelling courses with am annual exam to identify the best spellers. I think the spell check is getting out of hand if i dont stop this now the evil spell check lobby might take care of me for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment